Digitalum PRIVACY STATEMENT
This privacy statement was last modified on: 8 August ‘ 19
What personal data does Digitalum process?
With whom we share your personal data
Security of your personal data
Retention of your personal data
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
Processing of personal data: Processing is an operation or a set of operations relating to personal data or a set of personal data, whether or not carried out through automated processes, such as collecting, capturing, organizing, structuring, storing, Update or modify, request, consult, use, transmit, transmit, distribute or otherwise make available, align, or combine, shield, erase or destroy any data. Personal data is all information about a natural person, with which one can directly or indirectly identify this person.
A processormeans a processor is a natural or legal person, a public authority, a service or another body that processes personal data for the controller.
A Datacontroller: A controller is a natural or legal person, a public authority, a service or another body that, alone or jointly with others, the purpose and means of the Processing of personal data.
3 Contact details
|: Digitalum NV
: Klaverblad Street 7a Bus 5, 3560 Lummen
: + 32 13 32 36 49
4 DATA CONTROLLER
If you wish to exercise your rights as a data subject, you must always contact the data controller.
5 which personal data does Digitalum PROCESS?
5.1 Based on the performance of a contract
Digitalum processes personal data necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- When requesting a quote
When you request more info about the services or products of Digitalum you can request a quote through different channels (telephone, website, social media, …).
Digitalum processes personal identification data (like name and email) to provide you with an adequate proposal.
- When applying for a job
Digitalum regularly seeks new enthusiastic and motivated employees to join our team.
During the job application process Digitalum processes the following categories of personal data: personal identification data, personal details (like birthdate, language, …), professional career and training history, competences, curriculum vitae, images, work reference.
- When participating in an event
Digitalum organises events. In the organization of such an event, we process personal identification data, professional data at registration.
5.2 Based on consent
When processing personal data based on your consent, you always have the right to withdraw your consent. (see 10. what are my rights and how can I exercise them?)
- Use of targeted visual material on social media and the website.
When publishing targeted visual material on the social media and the website of Digitalum your permission will always be requested.
With targeted visual material we mean images where the person is clearly identified (close-up, image focused on a specific person, posed photo, …).
- When communicating eating preferences if you register for an event and/or training.
If you wish, when you register for an event and / or training you can pass on your food allergens, so that we can provide suitable food for catering.
Only numbers are passed on to the catering company and no personal data.
5.3 Based on the legitimate interest
Digitalum processes personal data based on the legitimate interest in which Digitalum has made a weighing of interests.
- When dealing with a question, offering help or offering information at your request
You can contact Digitalum through various channels (telephone, correspondence, email, chat, contact form website, social media).
We only use the personal data you provide to answer your questions.
- When inviting a customer satisfaction survey
Digitalum invites customers to participate in a customer satisfaction survey. It works together with a research agency for this.
- When using visual material for public relations and/or journalistic purposes
When Digitalum organizes a company event, it has a legitimate interest to do public relations in order to attract new employees and/or new customers.
The visitors of the event are informed in advance and have the opportunity to oppose taking the photo: at the event itself against the photographer or after the event by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In improving the quality of the website
Digitalum uses tools to gather statistics and gain insights on how to use the website.
These are text files that are placed on your computer to collect standard Internet logging information and behavioral information. More info can be read in our cookie statement.
6 with whom do we share your data?
Digitalum does not share your personal data with third parties, unless:
- Digitalum has received your prior consent.
- Digitalum is required to do so under a regulatory or legal procedure.
- Digitalum is requested by legislative or judicial authorities.
- Digitalum organizes an event together with partners or suppliers. The participant list is also communicated to the partners or suppliers.
Digitalum appeals to certain subcontractors such as consultants, engineering offices (e.g. for conducting satisfaction surveys), tools (e.g. CRM system, mailing tool) and this in order to outsource part of our services to them. These subcontractors are not considered third parties but as processors. We ensure that these subcontractors take the necessary technical and organisational measures in order to process your personal data legally and lawfully and also under no circumstances disclose to third parties.
7 Security of Your PERSONAL data
Digitalum recognizes that the security of personal data is a part of data protection. Therefore, Digitalum takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized processing or unauthorised access to prevent misuse.
In any transfer of personal data to a processor outside the European Economic Area (EEA), Digitalum always complies with the terms of this privacy statement and follows Digitalum’s applicable laws and regulations on Data protection to ensure adequate safeguards.
8 RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Digitalum only stores your personal data for the minimum period required to fulfill the purposes set out in this privacy statement. Unless the resolution of disputes or a longer retention period is required by law. Non-personal information can be stored without limitation in time in function of statistical purposes.
Cookies are text files that are placed on your computer to collect standard Internet logging information and behavioral information. This information is used to track website visitor behavior and to compile statistical reports on the website.
10 WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
10.1 How can you exercise your rights?
You can exercise your rights by emailing us at email@example.com. In order to prevent any unauthorized disclosure of your personal data, Digitalum may ask for more information to verify your identity.
Digitalum has one month to answer your request. This period begins to run when Digitalum has received your request and has all the required information to fulfill your request. The period of one month can be extended after notification and explanation of Digitalum.
Digitalum will provide the requested information free of charge. If requests are unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive nature, Digitalum may charge a reasonable fee or can Digitalum refuse the request.
If for some reason you assume that Digitalum has not dealt with your application correctly, you can contact Digitalum again and we will look for a solution together with you.
For the sake of completeness, we inform you that if Digitalum does not respond to your request, it refuses or if our answer does not meet your expectations, you always have the right to complain to the Data protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35 to 1000 Brussels, Tel + 32 (0) 2 274 48 00, or via the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
10.2 What are your rights?
- Right of Access: You can ask us what personal data we process about you, for which we process it, what categories of personal data we process, with which categories of third parties we share your personal data, which is the origin of the processed Data and – When applicable – what logic we use in the automatic processing of personal data.
- Right to rectification: If information is not correct, you can ask us to correct it.
- Right to erase your data: If data is not lawfully processed or if your data is no longer necessary than the purpose for which it was collected, you can ask us to erase your data.
- Right to restriction of processing: by limiting the processing of your personal data, your personal data can still be tracked, but its use is limited. Once you have requested a processing restriction, we may only store your data. This means that no other transactions can happen with your data.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the fact that your data is processed if that processing is based on a public interest or the legitimate interest of those who process your data. In addition, you can also assert this right of objection if your personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes. This right of objection also applies to profiling that forms the basis for processing for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent: if the processing of your personal data is based on the basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
- Right to transferability of the data: you have the right to obtain the personal data provided by you in a common, structured and machine-readable form and you have the right to transfer this personal data to another Controller in which the processing is based on the legal bases consent or contractual relationship.